Update

Schrauben, How-to's, Tips, Daten

Moderator: Moderator

Update

Beitragvon Racing » 7. Mai 2006, 10:32

I know i´ve been silent for a while,but as often out of a good reason.

Been working myself to the bone at the shop.(heavy workload)

Aftr trying to convince the guy with the chassis dyno to give me the time of day approx 100 times i simply finally gave up.
..and..karma interfered :shock:

As some of you know i´ve installed a lightly modded head and some hotter camshafts since the install of the VEMS.
That coupled with a reduced lenght intake with a 80mm throttle body off of a BMW 840 and a full 3" exhaust.
Car ran very well,and to give you an idea i´d say that an educated guess would be that it developed around the 240 mark-with a shiftpoint@8000rpm.

Anyways.
One of the "stock" problems with these engines is the seizure of the oil pump pressure relief valve,and the installed engine was a stocker that i bought cheap with approx 200 000 km on it.
Had the notion to swap camchain and hone the pressure relief valve 2 weeks ago-on the given friday.
Welp..turned out that the pressure relief valve decided to seize thrusday night-and that was good night crankshaft and rod bearings. :cry:

Spoke the situation over with one of the boyz at the shop(Mikael),and..well let´s say that he handed me a different approach.

He calmly said...Karma..
-"Have in mind that that turbo project of yours has been sitting idly in one of the engine stands since we moved the shop,and with the workload you´re under...it´ll sit there for foreseable future."
-"What happend now was just faith telling you to put the effort needed into getting it all done and put it into the car"-

Said and done.
So..last two weeks i´ve been hard at it putting the turbo engine together,and from the looks of it it´ll be all done mid week to come.

For those that remember the idea is to make this one and old time era "GT" engine-Ie;and engine of reasonable power that´ll hold togheter for a fairly long time and that´ll propel the car into being a VERY fast roadracer.

So..specs are;
Stress hones stock block.Squared with the world in general(altho the mercedes blocks are sturdy and seldome needs tons of work in that dept)
Crank-stock forged Bofors unit.
Rods... :wink:
Pistons-Forged Mahle units.Rings are chrome top and moly second.
Head-lightly massaged and overhauled early 16V.Valves and size are stock.
Intake-the one you´ve seen beforehand.Basically a diffusor plenum equipped rip off of the audi sports ones.
Tubular exhaust manifold out of stainless sporting a Garett super T70 turbocharger.(good for just shy of 700bhp)
630cc Siemens racing injectors.
Intercooler is an old spearco race element with our own end tanks.

Basically the idea is to keep the setup thought through and simple(KISS),but at the same time keep craftsmanship and quality in mind.Adhere to the little details.
Furthermore the idea is to keep any and all "bling" as far away from this merc as possible.
In other words all the turbo rubber hosing asf....are black lacking any isignia iaf.

Furthermore...The car since a while back says-"190D" out back,couple with a streamer the other side of the trunk that says-"Who the fuck is "R"?" :D

Also installed a so called cup kit btw...that did wonders for the way the car behaves while under heavy duty load.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon LUDE » 7. Mai 2006, 13:02

Mein englisch ist ja nicht so schlecht aber alles kapier ich leider nicht!

Hallo Chris könntest du mal bitte übersetzen!?
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

Instagram: LUDE669
LUDE

Bilder: 220
Autos: 190E 2.5-16 Kompressor Bj. 89, 190E 2.5-16 Sportevolution Bj.89, CLK 500 Bj.04, SLK 55 AMG Bj. 07

Beitragvon Racing » 14. Mai 2006, 16:13

Bild

What can i say? :D :shock:
What´s worse is that we´re done... 8) 8) ,and car is up and running.
So far with conservative boost levels.(approx 1 bar).
Have in mind tho...the compressor of the turbo i´m using puts out in the vincinity of 400PS of air at...that´s right...1 bar :shock: :shock:

Honestly?
The car runs like a friggin bat outta hell!!

I´m just saying the obvious..i pitty the owners of M and R series cars from here on. :P

End thought is to set boost to 1,5 bar and see what happends.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon LUDE » 14. Mai 2006, 17:53

Cool but where is your headlight?
Bild

Bild

Instagram: LUDE669
LUDE

Bilder: 220
Autos: 190E 2.5-16 Kompressor Bj. 89, 190E 2.5-16 Sportevolution Bj.89, CLK 500 Bj.04, SLK 55 AMG Bj. 07

Beitragvon Henger » 14. Mai 2006, 22:45

Hi Racing :D ,

schön mal wieder was zu lesen von dir 8) es scheint dir gut zu gehen :lol: sonst würdest du nicht schon wieder solche scharfen Sachen verbauen.

Wir möchten natürlich mehr Infos von dir lesen :mrgreen: :wink:.... mal schauen wie wir das Problem der Übersetzung lösen können :roll:

Gruß vom Fränk :P
Bild

Bild

"16V Fahren, ich kann jederzeit damit aufhören, ährlisch"

Wenn die letzte Tankstelle schließt, wird Euch auffallen,
daß Greenpeace nachts kein Bier verkauft.
Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Bilder: 26
Autos: 2.5-16V EFI Bj.11/88 Erna

Beitragvon Maki » 15. Mai 2006, 11:26

Hi Racing,
nice to hear from you again !
Looks like you made a big step in your Projekt!
I'm curious about some things!
Did you change the standart radiator for the water or did you stay with the stock one?
I'm asking cause i'll stay at the beginning with the standart one and i 'd like to know if it can handle the more power and heat !?
Could you maybe post some more pics from the enginebay?
Bye
Maki

p.s. i'm also curious about your downpipe cause it looks like you don't have much space from where the turbo now is placed to get to the exhaust-system.
Maki
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 0
Autos: Evo1

Beitragvon Racing » 15. Mai 2006, 22:30

Maki.
Lots of pictures coming up in the next couple of days.
Spent the day sorting out further details,and am currently using the car for transport.
have limited boost to 0,75 bar until various details have been attended to,but let me assure you...it runs like a friggin bat out of hell.
For real.

Frank.
Yeah..i finally got around to doing something for myself.
In fact..i closed to shop for a week to have it all done..and thos 10 days all in all was well spent :)
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 15. Mai 2006, 22:32

Btw.
That lightly ported cylinder head and the cams i´m running let me shift at 8800 rpms.
Take a wild GUESS as far as the sound...sounds like a friggin bike going throught the gears.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Zurück zu Tuning