Hi!

nicht - technische Mitteilungen, die öffentlich sein dürfen

Moderator: Moderator

Hi!

Beitragvon Racing » 10. Okt 2005, 12:26

So...show up as i was informed of this site...
Cool!
..and as a result i guess that a brief presentation is in order.

Go by the first name of Jesper.
Have been involved in pro racing for quite a while(formula cars et al)-Ie;made a living from it.
40yrs of age
Live in gothenburg...schweden..
These days(since almost 10yrs back)...run a shop here in town where we ONLY attend to speciality cars,race cars and classics.
Indeed work on the 16V cars from time to time as well(apart from my own beater 6 of my customers as well),and all of the cust have one thing in common to me..we try n make the 16Vs run better by tuning them...bit by bit.

Now..as far as language..i happen to write in english as that´s what i was brought up with(raised in the US),but i spent almost two yrs in germany as a teen and indeed understand-and frankly speak-the language so i understand and am understood.
Writing tho..is another matter :oops:
In other words..don´t fret to reply to any and all posts where i´m current in german-chanses are i´ll interpret perfectly fine.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon carbon » 10. Okt 2005, 12:53

what an honor to have u in our community then !
how come u live in sweden now, didn't like the US? isnt tuning cars and the US a matchBild no regulations and stuff..?
tell us more about your formula racing
Suche:
EVO1
Memory Sitze mit Spannungscodierung
SatzEVO2 Felgen
carbon
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon Maki » 10. Okt 2005, 13:16

Hi Racing- it's nice that you followed my invitation and found to this Board that quick ;-)
I find it cool to have a guy like you here cause i think we can all profit from your knowledge - and maybe you can help the one or the other guy in making his car a little bit quicker :schalt - your postings in the RevBoard about the 16V's were very interesting. :shock:
Bye
Maki
Maki
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 0
Autos: Evo1

Beitragvon Racing » 10. Okt 2005, 13:45

Thanx for the warm welcome guys!!

my formula days?Started out with something called RFS.
Yeah well...most of it was connected to something in the UK by the name of Russel racing.
Primarily a driving school,that also sported a more serious side with a race team that toured europe primarily.
One thing led to another..and..i got fed up living as a damn gipsy..with my entire life in a backpack..and headed for home again.
But..sure..fun to have been part of.

Always been around motorsports one way or another tho,and albeit i don´t compete in roadracing anymore i do run dragracing these days.
Primarily because of the much lesser time invested.
If you wanna check some of the cars out..please;
http://home.swipnet.se/mechanixracing

The US... :shock:
Nah broh..these days we´re about as free to mod cars around here as in the US.In some respects even more so.
I´d go on record and state that Sweden together with the UK is where it´s all at these days.
Streetracing for instance is VERY big around here since a couple of yrs back,and the "turbo era" boyz are gettin faster by the season.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 10. Okt 2005, 14:23

Hi Racing,

freut mich sehr das du den Weg zu uns ins Forum dank Maki gefunden hast.
Darum erstmal [glow=red]Welcome[/glow].

Ich kenne dich aus der Zeit, in der du im 16V-Club geschrieben hast.
Hier im 16er Forum wirst du viel Begeisterung vorfinden was das Thema Tuning anbelangt.

So freue ich mich auf interessante Gespräche zum 16er.

Das Forum wird zunehmend Internationaler, was wir sehr begrüßen.

Nette Grüße der Frank
Zuletzt geändert von Henger am 14. Okt 2005, 23:32, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

"16V Fahren, ich kann jederzeit damit aufhören, ährlisch"

Wenn die letzte Tankstelle schließt, wird Euch auffallen,
daß Greenpeace nachts kein Bier verkauft.
Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Bilder: 26
Autos: 2.5-16V EFI Bj.11/88 Erna

Beitragvon Racer » 10. Okt 2005, 19:52

Auch von mir ein herzliches Willkommen. Irgendwie gehören wir schon jetzt untrennbar zusammen :-)

Auf eine gute Zeit im Forum
Gruß
Joe
Racer
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 2

Beitragvon LUDE » 10. Okt 2005, 19:58

Yes!
i think it is very importent for our comunity to have people from other countries here! And i hope we can learn from your knowlege!

Sorry but my english is not so good!

Do you kow industrial firms for racing Caburators?
And what is your intension about something like racing Caburators?
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

Instagram: LUDE669
LUDE

Bilder: 220
Autos: 190E 2.5-16 Kompressor Bj. 89, 190E 2.5-16 Sportevolution Bj.89, CLK 500 Bj.04, SLK 55 AMG Bj. 07

Beitragvon Racing » 11. Okt 2005, 11:35

Lude.
First of all,as i wrote-feel free to use german. :wink:

Onto carbs tho.
I´d say it depends less than one thinks.
The current crop of carbs used in racing are few.
There´s the european ones-a´la Weber,SK Racing,DeLLorto,Solex asf together with japanese Mikuni.

Then there´s the US counterpart-or whatever you want to call it-like Barry Grant,Holleys HP series asf.

To break the situation down a little you need to understand that there are basically two carburettor principles.
The SU one and the Solex one.
All of the above in racing form are based on the Solex principle.
Ie;They sport a given sized venturi.

To break it down further it helps to realize that they are really 6 systems built into one housing.
1/Idle curcuit
2/Lightload and cruise
3/Normal load
4/Full load
5/Acceleration
6/Choke.

NO CARB is any better then the tuning put into it for a given individual(read-engine).
In other words..
Albeit some carbs might be better suited for a given application,they could all be setup to handle the engine.

As of current for instance
Cust seeked me out last night.
Has a 73 chevelle with a built 355 smallblock chevy.
Engine runs 11:1 compression,some ported aftermarket 195cc heads,a mechanical cam of 254@0,05 on a 110 LCA.
Intake is a single plane Holley strip dominator and the carb a Barry Grant speed deamon.

When first started up on this carb cust couldn´t get it to run if his life depended on it.
After i got a hold of it i verified all openings and so forth,and modified what was needed.
Today..i´m going to put my wide band unit on it to see what can be modded higher in the register under load,and play around with the timing curve at the same time.
The latter one..also means i´m going to put a K element thermometer(pyrometer) on it to keep ign in check.

Does that answer your question?
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Zurück zu Off Topics Forum